Deadline: November 18, 2011
EarthCorps brings together emerging environmental leaders from around the world to participate in an environmental service program. EarthCorps programs focus on physical hands-on field service.
(40 hours a week, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm) Participants take part in environmental restoration projects, such as tree-planting, trail construction, stream restoration,
and invasive plant removal. Projects are located throughout Washington State.
EarthCorps international participants will receive:
- a monthly stipend
- health insurance
- homestay family
- EarthCorps charges no fees for international participants. Limited travel scholarships are available covering 30% of roundtrip airfare costs up to $1000.
- Between 18-25 years old
- Interest in environmental field work and intercultural experience
- Commitment to cooperation and teamwork with peers from around the world
- Willingness to work hard
- No Criminal Record
- Conversational English
- 4 year college degree and 1 year of work experience in the environmental field*
- 5 years of work experience in the environmental field*
* Please note that EarthCorps is required by the US government to ensure that every applicant meets strict criteria in order to qualify for a US J-1 Trainee visa. You must have a university degree in a environmental field and/or environmental work experience to qualify.
City: Seattle/King County
State: Washington (note: not Washington, DC)
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to being referred by your organization via the EarthCorps Candidate Nomination form, qualified candidates must send the following documents to EarthCorps before being considered for this position:
If you having difficulty downloading the application materials please try right clicking the link and saving the item to your desktop.
Please send all application materials to: applyearthcorps.org
DEADLINES AND START DATES:
•Application deadline: November 18, 2011
•Participant selection: January 2012
•Visa processing: February – May 2012
•Travel confirmation: May 2012
•EarthCorps Program start date: June 2012
•EarthCorps Program graduation: mid-December 2012