Kick start your travel writing career by going on assignment to Istanbul, Turkey. After touching base with your travel writing mentor
Important Dates – 2011:
March 28 Competition closes (2.00pm, Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
April 28 Winner announced
June 7 Winner Arrive Istanbul
June 8-19 Turkish Delight Tour with BikeHike Adventures
June 20-21 Meet your mentor Terry Richardson, shadow for 2 days
June 22-25 Solo assignment
June 26-27 Meet with Terry to review work etc.
June 28 Depart
Aug 15 Rough Guides content deadline
* We'll fly you to Istanbul from your country of residence. You need to be available between June 7th - 28th, 2011 to participate on the assignment
* After spending two days learning the ropes with mentor Terry Richardson, you will research, review and update essential travel info for 'The Rough Guide to Istanbul', including accommodation, bars & restaurants, entertainment, shopping, tours, activities and transport, as well as searching out those local secrets that travellers want to read about.
* Your mentor will be at hand to offer guidance, but essentially this is your assignment; you will travel on your own for this part of the journey so you must be comfortable travelling solo. Terry will assign you a specific area based on your travel experience.
* Your work will feature in the new edition of 'The Rough Guide to Istanbul', placing your foot firmly in the door of the elusive travel writing industry!
Who can apply:
The scholarship is open to students, emerging and non-professional writers and lovers of travel looking for a career change.
* You must have a high degree of proficiency in written English.
* The opportunity is designed to give you a taste of what it's like to be a travel writer on the road, so you must be comfortable doing some travel on your own.
* Minimum age 18 with a current passport and you must be available as per the dates set out. Please note these dates are not changeable in anyway, you must be available for the entire assignment.
* You should be an exceptional writer with a lust for adventure travel and a burning desire to be a travel writer!
To Apply: click here