The interns will work as full-time office employees in Berlin, Germany. This involves contributing to oue ongoing projects and many other tasks: implementation of PR activities and communication with contacts from the community, NGOs, industry, and public administration, as well as general office tasks.
The intern will coordinate volunteers and FSFE team members during work on various projects. She or he will also manage the president's travel plan and occasionally accompany the president on his travels.
Previous interns at our offices have given great feedback about our internships, and here's what a couple of recent interns have to say about their work in FSFE and the Free Software movement:
FSFE is involved in the most important processes on how Information Society is being shaped, be it on a national, European, or on a global level. It's exciting to be part of these activities. Alexander Finkenberger
FSFE is a stimulating environment to work in. There are few organisations where you can learn from so many perspectives in this international and interdisciplinary context. If you read my blog you can have a good overview of some things I've been working on.
- interest in and passion for Free Software, as well as a solid basic knowledge of the concept
- organisation and improvisation skills
- ability to integrate into a young, motivated and professional team
- good working knowledge of English, but other languages are welcome, ability to understand/speak German is a plus
- basic acquaintance with working on GNU/Linux systems – alternatively, you will be migrated at the start of your internship
- no programming skills required, basic HTML knowledge will do. An affinity to technology and willingness to learn are indispensable, though
- internship duration: four months minimum up to twelve months maximum.
- a truly challenging and exciting time with a dynamic NGO active on an international level
- occasion to take responsibility for your own area of work
- close-up view of organisational and community processes
- chance to take the initiative and put your ideas into practice
- a chance to travel with the president to interesting places, meeting Free Software advocates across Europe
- a small remuneration to cover basic living expenses
Everybody fulfilling the above criterions are eligible for an internship in FSFE. It doesn't matter if you are a computer science, law, economic, social or political student; we like diversity to get new ideas.
This is a full-time job. FSFE will be keeping a record of all applications and invite potential candidates for interviews as soon as an opening is approaching. Please direct your application (in English) containing a letter of motivation, a CV and references, as well as any questions you might have, to firstname.lastname@example.org
fore more infomation: