Deadline: October 7, 2011
The Fourth High-Level Forum on Aid Effectiveness (HLF-4) will take place in Busan, Korea, from 29 November to 1 December 2011. The HLF-4 presents a unique opportunity for achieving better aid and development through more effective, harmonized cooperation among governments, civil societies and the private sector.
This multi-stakeholder event will seek a new vision and strategies for a more effective and inclusive development partnership to meet new development challenges and to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by 2015
As a preparatory event, the Government of the Republic of Korea will host the 2011 HLF-4 International Essay Contest to share young people’s inspiration and vision on aid and development. Young people from around the world are invited to submit their innovative ideas on effective aid and development.
- Visions of Youth on Effective Aid & Development
- Essays may be submitted by anyone ages between the ages of 18 and 32 (as of December 1, 2011).
- Essays must be 2000 words or less and be in English.
- Essays must have a cover page indicating the (1) essay title (2) name (3) address (4) contact number (5) e-mail address (6) nationality (7) age as of December 1, 2011 (8) gender (9) school name (if applicable) and (10) word count.
- Entries may be submitted online to
- Essays must be original and unpublished.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays will not be accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the event organizers.
- 1st Prize - Certificate and Prize of $ 2,000 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize - Certificate and Prize of $ 1,000 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize – Certificate and Prize of $ 200 5 entrants
1st and 2nd prize and 2nd prize winners will be invited to the Youth Forum which will be held during the HLF-4 as one of its special events. (Travel expenses and accommodation will be covered by the Government of Korea).
All prize winners will be announced in October 2011 on the HLF-4 website www.busanhlf4.org.