Deadline: November 2, 2012.
The program aims to give the participants innovative tools for sustainable change while seeking to create a unique network of women change-makers.
She Entrepreneurs started in 2011 and is one of SI’s leadership programs focusing on young and driven female leaders striving at making a social change. She Entrepreneurs offers inspiration, tools and networks with the aim of building collaborative strategies and increase partnerships between Sweden and the countries involved.
The program runs for one year, with participants meeting for ten days in Sweden and one week in the MENA region. During the first module in Sweden, participants are provided with tools needed to develop a social project for sustainable change in their country or region. In between the modules, the participants work on their own projects locally, coached by group mentors over digital platforms. Through the program, participants are offered the opportunity to meet Swedish organizations as well as leading social and business entrepreneurs. Participants also become part of an active network that strengthens the role of women and supports personal and professional development.
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership program for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza and Yemen.
- You should have drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social project that you have already started working on.
- You are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Morocco, West Bank-Gaza or Yemen.
- Your social project should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs Program listed above.
- You are between 20 and 32 years old.
- You should have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- You should have basic knowledge of the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
A selection committee with staff from SI as well as representatives from partner organizations and field experts will evaluate the applications according to the following:
- The applicant's social project that will be the focus of the program.
- The applicant’s drive, motivation and commitment, as well as her answers to the questions of the She Entrepreneurs questionnaire 2013.
- An assessment of the applicant’s CV.
About 60 shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews will be conducted through Skype.
The Swedish Institute will contact 25 selected applicants by email before the end of December 2012 and offer them a place in the She Entrepreneurs Program. The Swedish Institute will also compose a list of reserve candidates in case a second selection round would be needed. Reserves who have been offered a place in the She Entrepreneurs program will be notified by January 18, 2013.
If you have not heard from us by January 18, 2013, you have not been accepted to the She Entrepreneurs Program. However, you are more than welcome to apply again for next year's program
Submit your application by sending the She Entrepreneurs questionnaire 2013 together with your CV in English to email@example.com by November 2. The questionnaire will be available in the right-hand menu on October 1. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the program. A complete application consists of:
- A completed She Entrepreneurs Questionnaire 2013 in English, including contact information
- An updated CV in English
Deadline for application: November 2, 2012
Skype interviews: December 4-14, 2012
Accepted applicants will be informed by: January 18, 2013
She Entrepreneurs 2013: April 6–17, 2013
If you have any questions regarding the application procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send any applications to this address.