|Call for Applications: Institute for Inclusive Security’s Training of Trainers (Amman)
The Institute for Inclusive Security uses research, training, and advocacy to promote the inclusion of all stakeholders, particularly women, in peace processes. We work with a global network of well over 1,000 women leaders from more than 40 conflict regions. Our research gives policymakers new strategies to drive inclusion by examining tangible contributions of women peace builders. Our training provides leaders the specialized skills and knowledge to direct local, national, and international peace building. Our advocacy to high-level policymakers promotes change that makes peace processes more broad-based, and thus sustainable.
Inclusive Security is currently accepting applications for admission to a Training of Trainers workshop in Amman, Jordan from May 20-28, 2011. The cutting edge ToT program will expose participants to Inclusive Security: A Curriculum for Women Waging Peace, a unique teaching tool that draws on more than a decade of original research, advocacy, and training by staff and accomplished women peace builders from around the world. The curriculum’s eight highly interactive modules aim to foster strong coalitions, enhance problem solving, bolster confidence, and most significantly, result in a concrete agenda for advancing women’s leadership in peace and security. Over the week-long workshop, participants will become experts in Inclusive Security’s integrated skills and content methodology and be able to adapt the curriculum for use in a variety of settings.
We encourage you to learn more about the curriculum and the Institute’s training program by visiting here.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Come from one of the following countries:
Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Yemen
Speak fluent English
2. Have previous experience in training on issues related to gender, peace, or security
3. Be willing to replicate Inclusive Security’s training methodology in their organization and with other women groups
4. Have good command of interactive and participatory methodologies
5. Have strong communication and inter-cultural skills
6. Make a commitment to continue working with Inclusive Security to adapt the curriculum and replicate the training skills learned
To apply, please complete the attached application form and return firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2010