The title of the meeting originated from the name attributed to the Mediterranean Sea by the Islamic World; Our Middle Sea and the by Romans; Mare Nostrum. The title itself reflects a blend of culture, ideas and traditions, which depicts the ideal scenario of the overall purpose of “Our White Sea III”.
Following the meeting held in Malta in 2010, OWS III shall focus on participation and empowerment – two essential driving forces of sustainable development.
Networking between organizations should be encouraged in order to proffer young people with opportunities to actively participate; thus stimulating initiative, innovation and entrepreneurship. Therefore, the event shall generate an environment to facilitate NGO empowerment and sustain an extensive network of “partnership” relationships which support NGO capacity building in the Euro-Med region.
24 October 2011.
Venue and Date:
Adrasan, Turkey, 7-9th December 2011.
Aims and objectives:
1. Better understanding of the several models of empowerment of young people in NGOs and Associations;
2. Sharing of good practices amongst NGO and Associations to stimulate empowerment and opportunities of participation;
3. Facilitating the networking process among participants with an aim of promoting new projects.
- Representatives from experienced youth NGO’s/Organisations that can contribute through the sharing of good practice. The invite shall also be extended to participants from emerging NGOs.
- The selected participants will be invited to send a short paper about their vision on empowerment through NGOs prior to the meeting.
The methodology will provide participants the possibility to tackle the content with the support of experts and experienced people. This will also serve as a vehicle to facilitate the sharing of experiences between participants. The working programme will consist of:
o Plenary sessions;
o Workshops led by participants and trainers;
o Active participation;
o Open market.
Our White Sea III is organised by the Euro-Med Youth Platform in cooperation with SALTO Euro-Med RC, the Maltese, Turkish, Portuguese and Greek National Agencies.
To apply: Click here
For more information contact: email@example.com.